Health Promotion at Victoria University
Compass Health is a Primary Health Organisation (PHO) that provides a wide range of primary care services through 60 General Practice Teams and a number of other health care providers throughout the Wellington, Porirua, Kapiti and Wairarapa regions.
Compass Health Wellington Trust (formerly named the Greater Wellington Health Trust) was formed in 1997 to contract with District Health Boards and other funders to provide health services, and was managed by the Wellington Independent Practitioner's Association (WIPA, formed in 1995). Compass Health in its present state was formed in July 2010 by the merger of three existing PHOs: Capital PHO, Tumai Mo Te Iwi, and Kapiti PHO. Wairarapa PHO was then merged into Compass Health in 2012.
The PHO has contracts with health professionals and organisations in the community, such as General Practitioners and the wider General Practice teams to help deliver quality health services to you.
- Our vision - ‘Working together, towards healthy and flourishing communities’
- Our mission - Navigating primary health care with innovation and leadership;
- Empowering our communities through open communication;
- Achieving success through teamwork as we strive for success and excellence; and
- Ensuring the wellbeing of all our people is the core of our organisation.
As an organisation and as individuals we value:
- Trust: Maintaining open and honest relationships
- Respect: Embracing diversity, uniqueness and ideas
- Unity: Valuing strengths and skills
- Accountability: Working in a transparent and responsible manner
- Courage: Participating with confidence and enjoyment