The Compass Health organisation has a Board, the members of which are listed below. There are many sub-committees of this Board.
Dr Larry Jordan (Chairman)
Larry has lived and practised as a family GP in Porirua for 30 years. For much of this time he has been involved in the development and governance of primary care services including After Hours medical services. Larry chaired the Tumai mo te Iwi PHO.
- Compass Health - Contracted provider
- General Practice NZ - Member Executive
- Porirua After Hours Medical Ltd - Shareholder
- Whitby Doctors - Partner GP
Dr Bryan Betty
Dr Bryan Betty is a GP and sits on the Board of Trustees of Porirua Union Health in Cannons Creek. He is also Deputy Medical Director at PHARMAC, and is Chairman of the Capital Coast ICC Alliance Leadership Team. Dr Betty is presently Chairman of the VLCA Council at Compass Health, having previously been Chair of the Wellhealth PHO prior to the merger with Compass Health.
Chris has been a GP on the Kapiti Coast for 27 years, and has worked at Hora Te Pai for three years. His current interests include quality improvement in Primary Care and future models of health care.
- Clinical Director Hora Te Pai
- Te Nikau Charitable Trust - Board member
- Compass Health - Clinical Lead - Health Care Home
- Envirosteam - Director
Dale has a degree in Tupunga Hapū from Te Wānanga-o-Raukawa. She also has a Masters Degree in Education from Massey University and a background in policy. Dale enjoys applying her knowledge of policy as a problem-solving process when making decisions in her board work.
- Compass Maori Health Committee - Chair
- Papawai Kaikōkiriri Trust Board (PKTrusts) – Trustee
- PKTrusts Finance, Risk and Audit Committee - Member
- Te Hika o Papauma Mandated Iwi Authority – Chair
- Te Hika o Papaumu Mandated Iwi Authority Charitable Trust - Chair
- Whaiora Finance, Risk & Audit Committee – Member
- Whaiora Trust Board – Deputy Chair
- Hora Te Pai Health Services - Management
- Compass Health Nurses Committee - Member
- Team Medical - Casual RN A&M
Kerry Prendergast is the former Mayor of Wellington and former Vice-President of Local Government New Zealand and holds an MBA from Victoria University. Kerry was awarded a CNZM in 2011 for her services to local government, and is a distinguished Alumni of Victoria University.
- Advisory Council on the Employment of Women - Council Member
- Alzheimer’s New Zealand - Ambassador
- Capital Vision Research Trust - Patron
- Compass Health - Trustee
- Environmental Protection Agency - Chair
- Motu Foundation - Board Member
- National Army Museum – Trustee
- NZ-US Council Advisory Board – Member
- NZ China Council - Director
- NZ Community Trust - Trustee
- NZ Film Commission - Chair
- Oceania Healthcare - Board Member
- Skylight - Patron
- SPCA - Patron
- Tourism New Zealand - Chair
- Victoria Foundation - Trustee
- Wellington Free Ambulance - Director
- Wellington High Performance Aquatic - Patron
- Wellington Phoenix Football Club - Board Member
- Women’s Health Research Centre - Board Member
Dr Nick Crozier
Nick has been a GP in the Wairarapa for 25 years. His interests medically are long term care and end of life care, but he does office-based general practice half of the time. Nick is married with two children, and in his spare time enjoys woodturning.
- ACC Masterton - Branch Medical Advisor
- Masterton Medical - GP
- Wairarapa DHB - Board Member
Dr Richard Medlicott
Richard has been a GP at Island Bay Medical Centre for 19 years. He is also the Medical Director for Royal New Zealand College of GPs. He is the Clinical Lead on the Shared Care Record project, and a member of the Integrated Care Collaboration project between the DHB and PHOs. He is Past Chairperson of the Health Information Standards Organisation, the Primary Care Information Management Group and past member of the International Health Terminology Standards Organisation. Other affiliations include being a current member of the Pharmac Cardiovascular Subcommittee.
- Compass Health - Contracted provider
- ICC CCDHB committee - Member
- Island Bay Medical Centre - Director and shareholder
- RNZCGPs - Clinical Director
- Wellington After Hours Medical Centre - Shareholder
- Shareholding in Punakaiki Fund which holds shares in NZ IT companies including Melon Health
- Orion Health Advisory Board - Member
Simon lives in the Wairarapa and works in Wellington at the commercial law firm Bell Gully, where he has been a partner since 2000. Simon heads Bell Gully’s Government, Health and Climate Change practice groups. Much of his work involves public sector contracting and procurement, including in the areas of ultra-fast broadband, ICT projects and public private partnerships. He also advises Crown entity Boards on public sector governance. During 1997 and 1998 Simon was seconded as Legal Counsel to PHARMAC. He continues to advise PHARMAC as well as DHBNZ, DHBs on their collective procurement activities, individual DHBs and Health Benefits Limited.
- Asia New Zealand Foundation - Trustee
- Bell Gully (Barristers & Solicitors) - Partner
- In the above capacity, advises PHARMAC and periodically advises DHB Shared Services, DHBs collectively and individual DHBs
Tofa Suafole Gush
Tofa Suafole Gush serves on the Compass Health Board as a Pacific representative, She is Samoan, a public servant for over 27 years and has had various roles in government and the NGO sector. A strong advocate for Pacific issues, Tofa has extensive public sector experience in health, housing, social development, and with agencies involved in Pacific development.
Currently Director, Pacific Peoples’ Health for Wairarapa & Hutt Valley District Health Boards. This role ensures Pacific health issues are in the forefront of DHBs conversation, acknowledging also the contribution the Pacific community brings to the continuing improvement of its population well being. Tofa has a Masters in Public Management from Victoria University.
- Compass Health Pacific Health Committee - Member
- Hutt Valley & Wairarapa DHBs Executive Leadership Team - Member
- HVDHB - husband is an employee
- Te Awakairangi Health Network - Board member
Trevor who lives in Mahina Bay is a qualified Chartered Accountant and a Chartered Member of the NZ Institute of Directors. Trevor chairs the Audit and Finance Committee of Compass Health.
Trevor has wide ranging senior executive and governance experience covering the private, public, local government, health, NFP and sporting sectors. Trevor is currently Independent Chair of Worldskills NZ, a Charitable Trust that focuses on running regional national and international competitions for the vocational trades; Chair of Wellington Free Ambulance Trust; Board Member, Chair of the Sport Funding Committee and member of the Audit and Finance Committee of the NZ Olympic Committee; Board Member of Surf Life Saving NZ and Trustee of Life Flight Trust. Previous governance roles were in the energy and contruction-transport sectors.
Trevor’s initial career was within the Energy Sector where he spent 25 years working for Petrocorp, Fletcher Challenge Petroleum, Southern Petroleum and the Electricity Corporation of New Zealand. He then moved into consulting with a focus on change management and turnarounds. For the past 14 years Trevor has worked in the NFP sector as the CEO of the Outward Bound Trust of NZ, a role he has recently stepped down from.
- Greyhound Racing Association of New Zealand - Independent Director
- Life Flight Trust - Trustee
- Sports Funding Committee and Member of Audit and Finance Committee of the New Zealand Olympic Committee - Board Member/Chair
- Surf Life Saving New Zealand - Board member
- Te Pūtahitanga o Te Waipounamu - Board member
- Wellington Free Ambulance Trust - Chair
- Worldskills New Zealand - Independent Chair